Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) invites application for KSCSTE research fellowship from MSc/MTech degree holders from any of the Universities in Kerala. There will be 7 subject areas as listed and their syllabi are attached below
- Mathematical Sciences Syllabus
- Physical Sciences Syllabus
- Chemical Sciences Syllabus
- Life Sciences Syllabus
- Environmental Sciences Syllabus
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Syllabus
- Engineering Sciences Syllabus
The applicants can choose any one of the 7 subjects listed above for the Entrance Examination. The syllabus for each subject area can be downloaded from the corresponding links provided above. If the applicant gets qualified, one can choose any of the subject area for pursuing research leading to Ph.D.
- Candidates should have awarded M.Sc/M.Tech degree in the year (2018) or previous two years (2017 or 2016)
- Candidates should have secured 70.00% and above marks in their qualifying degree (MSc/M-Tech) from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Age should not be more than 35 years as on 1st January 2019.
Mode of Selection
The fellowship is awarded to eligible candidates after an online test followed by an interview. The online examination will be conducted in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode. Candidates have to mark their choice of centres during the online registration process. Every attempt will be made by KSCSTE to allot the centre chosen by the candidate. However, if the number of applicants in a particular centre exceeds the permissible capacity, the candidates may be allotted to their second or third preferred centre. The address of the online examination centre for a candidate will be mentioned in the admit card, which can be generated online. The request for changing the examination centre allotted after generation of admits cards will not be entertained under any circumstances. The final decision in this case will be that of KSCSTE. The candidates are requested to carry the print out of admit cards and present them at the online examination centre allotted to them, as indicated in the admit card. The candidates will be shortlisted based on the cut off marks recommended by the KSCSTE Research Fellowship Committee for each of the subject area, candidates who have scored marks above the cut off will be called for an interview. The entrance examination carries two papers, Paper I is common for all candidates and Paper II is one of 7 subject areas chosen by the candidate. The list of shortlisted candidates will be published in KSCSTE website and the shortlisted candidates will be notified via E-mail for the interview to be held at KSCSTE, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A non - refundable fee of Rs. 500 /- for General & OBC category applicants. No fee for SC/ST/Differently abled appplicants.
- The fee of Rs. 500 /- is to be paid as DD, taken infavour of ' The Member Secretary, KSCSTE' payable at SBI Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The amount paid will not be refunded in any circumstance (Rejection of application/ withdrawal of the application by the candidate/ non-attendance of the examination.
Date of Entrance Examination
02 December 2018 (Sunday)
Venue of Entrance Examination
Duration of the fellowship
The fellowship is for a period of three years.
The fellowship carries a monthly stipend of Rs 22,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 25,000/- per month for the third year plus H.R.A (10% of Fellowship Grant). The fellowship will carry an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/-.
Last date of online submission
07 November 2018 .
How to apply (Only online submissions are entertained)
The online submission window will be available only till the last date. Before proceeding to the online submission, kindly ensure that you have softcopies of the following items listed below (Kindly Ensure that the total size of all the uploads together wont exceed 5MB), if not they may be scanned and made handy (minimum file size) for attaching the same during online submission.
- A passport size photo.
- MSc./ M.Tech Certificate
- M.Sc/M.Tech Marklist
- Certificate to prove age/DOB (10th or 12th certificate/Birth certificate)
The PDF of the application form generated at the end of the submission should be printed out, duly signed and mailed along with the original DD to the following address superscribing the envelope "Application for KSCSTE Research Fellowship 2018" on or before 07 November,2018.
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram
|Commencement Of Online registration||03/10/2018|
|Last date of Online registration|
|Last date for Entering Details||07/11/2018|
|Last date of receiving signed hard copy|
For help/more details please contact: 0471-2548254, e-mailId:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org